Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ilunga


Eric and I had dinner together earlier this week because he is moving back to Duluth without me. I miss Duluth. I want to move back, too. I was nervous about dinner, a little, but mostly I was nervous because I wasn't nervous. Maybe I was nervous because I was afraid he was going to say what he said...or because I was afraid he wouldn't...?
Dinner was okay, maybe even fun. It was good to see him. He has gained some weight (organic angela and her weirdo foods aren't around, so he is probably eating frozen pizzas and, yes, a lot of it is probably beer) and his hair has thinned even more, but I still feel attracted to him. We went for thai food. Predictably, he had spicy meat and I had mild tofu with lots of cilantro. At one point he bit into a thai chili and almost choked because it was so spicy. I had a good chuckle. Why is he so adorable sometimes?

I will edit this later and finish it. I need to go to sleep - aka: I need to go lie down and hug Smallish Bear. Alone. Without Eric.

Andrea: "I think it's good that you have so many wonderful memories with Eric. People will remember the difficult times because for some reason watching someone you love cry stands out more than watching them laugh."

No comments:

Post a Comment