Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fixing the Drawer

The day before ANY holiday at my mother's is ridiculous. She gets so stressed out that it is pointless to talk to her or even go into the kitchen for anything. I tried to hide in the bathroom today while I was there because I wanted to be out of ear/eyeshot (eyeshot? i dunno), but even that wasn't good enough. It bothers her when people aren't doing things and she is. It makes me crazy. It's not that she wanted/needed my help (she even said this), and I certainly didn't want to be in there with her at this point, but it was just the fact that I was laughing on the phone with Anna while she was mashing potatoes that was bothering her. I told her to get over it. Sometimes I can't understand if it is because we are too similar or too different that we can't get along.
The title of this post dates back to Jr High. Tyler was over and my mother was going nuts-o about something and listing off all these things she had to do. At the end of the list she was like, "And I have to fix the drawer!" Apparently the bread drawer had slipped off the track and, let me ask, what the hell would we do without that bread drawer?! Life as we know it... I texted Ty this morning and said, "My mother needs to fix the drawer today. Dear God, please pray for me." She replied, "HAHAHA! Of course she does!" : P
I love my mother. She is an amazing woman. But holidays...no. I can feel my blood pressure increasing as I write this. I tried to explain to her today that nobody cares if the dishes/silverware match. That nobody cares what we eat...that we (and I would sooo not be included - I'd have a "speenful of poonut butter") could be having KFC because it's really just that everyone is together that makes it special. Yeah. She didn't buy it.
(I feel the need to say something nice because the above was kinda nasty. My mother had a heating pad in the bed for me when I got to her house at 1 this morning. Pretty sweet, huh?)

Jake update:

Here are two texts from yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed:
"Well drive safe tonite angela and dont text and drive even if i send u a bunch of texts asking u intriguing questions that demand answers ; )"
I said, "haha. thank you and don't tempt me. ; )"
"Haha. Well, i could probably text u all nite, but if i don't try to get sum sleep im gonna be one tuckerd out dude come 3am. Goodnite angela!"

We had discussed the possibility of hanging out today after he was out of class. He said if he didn't have to go pick up his friend on The Range (my replacement as Jake's serving buddy for Thanksgiving dinner) that he'd be free. I texted him this afternoon and said, "What's the word, hummingbird?" To which he responded, "The bird is the word..hehe : ) its unfortunately a no go. i'm leaving to go get my buddy rite now. But were gonna make this happen one of these days. Mark my words : )"

I looked so fucking cute today. I painted my nails and shaved (again!), wore my date outfit I was supposed to wear on Sunday...I even packed extra clothes should I have happened to get snowed in at his house (which was my honest-to-God hope all along, as we have weather warnings up the arss...).
Whatever. His text-spelling bugs me, anyway. (Not that much...I am just grumpy and trying to focus on the negatives rather than how excited I was to see him finally and how all I want to do is listen to him talk and kiss his tattoo. Fuuuck.)

I'm gonna ask him to come down for the Mason concert and if that fails, I'm done. It'll be up to him to figure something out after that. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment